Saturday, February 9, 2008

Random Sat stuff

Today has been weird. I love Saturdays, I can do whatever I want Friday night and not have to worry about getting up Sat morning for anything.
But today just seemed to go by so fast.
By the time I was settled and ready to get my day started, my partner's sister was wanting to go to a local animal rescue place to drop off some money we all donated.
So we all went out there. This place rescues all sorts of wild animals (w0lves, lions, etc) plus some local wild animals, deers that have been hit by cars, pot bellied pigs that have been abandoned, plus some various kinds of monkeys and other animals I cannot begin to explain how they got there.
It was an interesting experience. They had been reaching out to the community because some recent storms had devastated the place , fencing had been torn, other resources had been leveled.
By the time we got there most things had been restored, but we were glad to donate money.

No comments: