Saturday, February 23, 2008

One thing after another

I started off my day promptly by falling down our iced over steps leading from the house down to the deck. I was ok though, but not a pleasant thing nonetheless.
This little trip was to go to the backyard to clean up all of the dog 'messes'. We take turns cleaning everything up once or twice a week. It had been a solid week since the last clean up so there was plenty to pick up. And to boot our last poop scooper broke and the new one is basically worthless, so I had to use a plastic bag to pick it up all by hand. Did I mention the ground is frozen? Makes picking up the messes easier, but your fingers start to hurt and freeze up pretty quickly.
After that my partner wanted to go to Cracker Barrel because my parents are always giving me $10 gift cards to there. I pretty much refuse to go there because of their hiring policy towards gays and lesbians. It may have changed but still, I harbour ill feelings towards them.
Then it was off to Sam's Club. I despise Sam's Club. There are lots of good deals and it can be fun to try and find new things they have in. But, it's crazy on Saturday afternoons. People pushing flatbed carts loaded down with beef jerky, gallon drums of instant mashed potatoes, stopping in the middle of the isle. And then because they don't bag the groceries there, everything has to be loaded and unloaded individually. What a pain.

I thought Saturday's were supposed to be fun or at least relaxing.

No comments: