Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Crazy mix today

Today started off great, got up early, read my prayers, worked out, played with the dogs, did some things around the house and off to work.

Work was at first wonderfully busy (not hectic/crazy but had a good energy to it) but as the day went along I kept feeling more and more overwhelmed with new projects.

I went to the noon mass at my church, which is always refreshing. It's a small faithful group that shows up every Wednesday and it's very intimate. Today the person that heads up our eucharistic visitation program was there and we talked (I am one of the visitors) and he asked if I'd be willing to do it this weekend. Of course I was, and he seemed ever so grateful. It's always nice to feel like you are making someone else's job easier by doing something you really don't mind at all.

Then back to work and it was one crazy thing after another. So by the end of the day I had been through a little bit of chaos, lots of activity, and just enough spirituality to keep me going for a few more days.

After today I think I have a small idea of what life might be like if I were to end up in a religious profession.

No comments: