Saturday, February 23, 2008

Alternative oversight?

There is some new discussion coming out about the idea of alternative oversight for bishops in the Episcopal Church who are not happy with the leadership of Bishop Schori. A link to a post about this on the blog Preludium is here:
http://anglicanfuture.blogspot.com/2008/02/communion-partners-some-light-on-matter.html

I really don't think this is a good idea. This whole idea just seems to be another way to undermine TEC. This opens the door for people to separate themselves and not participate in the life of the wider church because it is 'tainted'.

I am thinking more and more that it is time for everyone to bite the bullet and make the hard decisions. Let's get it over with I say and move on. Until we do it almost seems like we're prolonging the painful reality.
I'm all for staying in conversation and staying at the table but at this moment I'm thinking it's not getting us anywhere.

Of course I'm not settled, I may very well waffle and change course.

No comments: