Thursday, February 7, 2008

Moving into Lent

Lent is here. The service of Ash Wednesday is one of my favorite services of the year. I always go to the noon service, and there is just something about being there, at that time of day, with the cantor chanting the 51st psalm, the kneeling, the ashes, etc. It is very moving for me.

So as I move into Lent, my spiritual life changes. I am grateful for the early arrival this year, which some people are not happy for. But it's almost a saving grace for me.

I have felt so lost and incredibly disgusted with my spiritual devotion the last month and a half to two months.

The early arrival is perfect for me.

Besides the fact I enjoy Lent more than any other liturgical season anyway, this particular year holds great importance for me.

No comments: