Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's up with me?

I counted it and I've missed church 4 of the last 6 Sundays. I have attended the noon service on Wednesdays here and there in that time frame, but it's not the same as Sundays.

For someone who considers themself in the beginning stages of the discernment process, that is unheard of. Sunday attendance is a given for most, especially any who fancy themselves as being called to the service of God.

So why is that? I hate to think I'm getting burned out with church, but maybe that is happening to an extent. I've been lax in my volunteer duties, board meetings, etc.
I think it began back in Advent, I know the causes for the most part. And they are mostly gone, it's just recovering from the effects.

So now I'm headed into Lent like a freight train (it begins next Wednesday). And seeing as how Lent is my favorite liturgical period of the church year, I need to get my ass in line.

No comments: