Thursday, March 6, 2008

Finding safety

I try to remind myself constantly of the old prayer (the source escapes me at the moment), "Do not be afraid, I am with thee". Very simple but really all I need in difficult moments.

The Lord is with me, why on earth should I be afraid of anything? Why should I be worried about the trivialities of day to day life?



I have to keep reminding myself that when I hit a rough spot or a bad day, I still have hope because I have hope in the Lord.



So, what has happened to make me think of this? I've had an incredibly busy and challenging time at work. Home life has been even more challenging. My partner and I have been at it. It hasn't been pretty the last couple of days. More on that later, maybe.



So, I just have to keep reminding myself that my safety rests in the Lord.

No comments: